Indeed, the PlayStation 5 (PS5) controller offers seamless compatibility with the Xbox Game Pass when used on a PC. This compatibility is facilitated by the controller’s built-in Bluetooth capabilities, which allow for effortless pairing with your computer. By establishing a connection between the controller and your PC via Bluetooth, you can readily engage in gaming experiences through the Xbox Game Pass platform without any hassle. This user-friendly setup simplifies the process, ensuring that you can swiftly link your PS5 controller to your PC and immerse yourself in gaming adventures available through the Xbox Game Pass.
How to get a PS5 controller to work with Xbox Game Pass PC?
There are two methods by which you can connect your PS5 controller:
Method 1: By DS4Windows
To connect a PS5 controller to Windows using the DS4Windows application, follow these steps:
- Download DS4Windows
Visit the official DS4Windows website (https://ryochan7.github.io/ds4windows-site/) and download the latest version of the DS4Windows application.
- Install DS4Windows
– Once the download is complete, run the DS4Windows installer.
– Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application on your computer.
- Connect Your PS5 Controller
Using a USB cable, connect your PS5 controller to your PC. Make sure the controller is powered on.
- Run DS4Windows
After installation, launch the DS4Windows application from your desktop or Start menu.
- Controller Detection
DS4Windows should automatically detect your connected PS5 controller. If prompted, you may need to install drivers for the controller.
- Profile Creation
DS4Windows allows you to create and customize profiles for your controller. You can set preferences like button mapping, sensitivity, and more.
- Mapping Controls
If desired, you can remap the buttons and configure other settings in DS4Windows to match your preferences or mimic an Xbox controller layout.
- Bluetooth Pairing (Optional)
If you want to use your PS5 controller wirelessly via Bluetooth, follow these steps:
- Click the “Controllers” tab in DS4Windows.
- Check the box labeled “Bluetooth” and follow the on-screen instructions to pair the controller with your PC via Bluetooth.
- Launch Games
With DS4Windows successfully configured and your PS5 controller connected, you can now launch games from platforms like Steam, Epic Games Store, or the Xbox Game Pass for PC. The controller should be recognized as an Xbox-style controller, allowing you to play games seamlessly.
Remember that DS4Windows might receive updates, so it’s a good idea to visit the official website or check for application updates to ensure you’re using the latest version for optimal compatibility.
Method 2 : DualSenseX
- Download DualSenseX
Visit the official DS4Windows website (https://github.com/Paliverse/DualSenseX/releases/tag/1.4.9) and download the latest version of the DualSenseX application.
- Install DualSenseX
- Once the download is complete, run the DualSenseX installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application on your computer.
- Connect Your PS5 Controller
Using a USB cable or via Bluetooth connect your PS5 controller to your PC. Make sure the controller is powered on.
- Run DualSenseX
After installation, launch the DualSenseX application from your desktop or Start menu.
- Controller Detection
DualSenseX should automatically detect your connected PS5 controller. If prompted, you may need to install drivers for the controller.
Can I use any controller for Xbox Game Pass PC?
Yes, you have the flexibility to choose from a variety of controllers to enjoy games on Xbox Game Pass for PC. This includes popular options like Xbox controllers, PlayStation controllers, and other third-party controllers. Xbox Game Pass for PC is designed to cater to different player preferences by offering compatibility with a wide range of input devices.
Here are some controller choices you can consider for your Xbox Game Pass for PC gaming experience:
- Xbox Controllers: These are the most straightforward and officially recommended controllers. Xbox controllers, such as those from Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S, seamlessly integrate with Xbox Game Pass games on your PC.
- PlayStation Controllers: Although not officially supported, many gamers have reported success in using PlayStation controllers like DualShock 4 (PS4) or DualSense (PS5) with Xbox Game Pass games on PC. Some third-party applications, like DS4Windows for DualShock 4, might be helpful for configuration.
- Controllers from Third-Party Brands: Various third-party controllers designed specifically for PC gaming are also compatible with Xbox Game Pass for PC. These could include options from brands like Logitech, Razer, and SteelSeries. Ensuring that the controller has appropriate drivers and is recognized by Windows is key before attempting to use it with Xbox Game Pass games.
The PS5 controller seamlessly works with Xbox Game Pass on PC through Bluetooth connectivity. You can employ methods like DS4Windows or DualSenseX for setup. Xbox Game Pass for PC accommodates a wide range of controllers, including Xbox and some PlayStation models, as well as third-party options. This compatibility allows gamers to fully enjoy their preferred controllers while exploring a diverse selection of games.